Twenty years after the Mt Diablo Council was organized, the Order of the Arrow in Martinez was officially established on xxxxxx, 1952.
A committee of three Arrowmen, Frank Harris, Gil Talmadge, and Arthur Meyer (first Eagle Scout in California), who resided within the boundaries of the Mt. Diablo Council, but who had originally been inducted into older Lodges, organized the Lodge. Having received approval to form a new Lodge, the three founders, along with 37 candidates, met at San Francisco’s Camp Lilienthal on the weekend of January 9th and 10th, 1952, where Royaneh Lodge conducted the installation ceremony. The Lodge totem was the Golden Eagle. Each of Buli’s patches had this totem as well as four colored rays, representing the four villages. Oo Yum Buli used the Costanoan language for all of its Vigil Honor names and other Lodge terms. Oo Yum Buli means “Spirit Peak,” a synonym for Mount Diablo. The local Native Americans called the mountain PUY, which means “Evil Spirits”, or KAH WOO KOOM, or “Laughing Mountain.” Oo Yum Buli was honored with many awards, receiving the “Most Indian Award” four times in 1969, 1972, 1976, and 1984. The Section Conclave Award was received in 1983. At the 1986 NOAC, Buli’s Ceremonies Team received top awards, and at the 1988 NOAC, Buli received first place for their Brotherhood Ceremony. That year they also received top honors for the four principals.
Forty-one years after it was formed in 1952, the last official business of Oo Yum Buli Lodge took place on xxxx,1993. Oo Yum Buli would merge with Swegedaigea Lodge 263 to form Ut-in Selica Lodge 58 of the Mt Diablo Silverado Council.